Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: O'Reilly

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: O'Reilly
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 17:04:30 EEST

>From: Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net>
>
>The kind of book you have in mind is being published in July by the No
>Starch Press. See www.nostarch.com for details.

IMHO, there is always room for another book. Dave has written the book
alone over a long period. I mean: (i) Things are changing fast and when
a possible new book comes out, Steinberg might already be selling Linux
versions of their products, etc. The story just won't stop. (ii) A slightly
different kind of book (and more indepth) might be achieved if the book
would be written by multiple authors. Dave is a musician, and I'm sure
as an engineer minded person, I will find his book missing many interesting
topics (and only after his book is released). With multiple authors a broader
view could be achieved and people could cross review or even write together.

Sure it is worth of checking what Dave misses in his book.

Juhana