[linux-audio-dev] Best audio capture card for Linux?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Best audio capture card for Linux?
From: Steven Ness (sness_AT_bcgsc.bc.ca)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 01:55:06 EEST

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a good professional quality audio recording card for
Linux, and would appreciate any pointers to good cards that are well
supported under Linux. (I'm a sound recording newbie, but longtime Linux
hacker.)

I'm going to mainly be using this card for hard disk recording of
electronic drums, traditional skin drums and digeridoo. Output isn't as
critical for me, as I'll be doing mostly final output to CDR and mp3. I'd
like to have multiple sound inputs, as I'd like to have the ability to
record multiple instruments at one time, if possible. (Is this possible?)

Thanks a lot,

Steven.
sness_AT_sness.net