Re: [linux-audio-dev] rough rough ladspa docs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] rough rough ladspa docs
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 22:09:04 EEST

>From: Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi>
>
>Now we should just keep on promoting LADSPA,
>and convince people to use LADSPA rather than app-specific APIs.

Sorry but promoting LADSPA would be partly a bad idea.

What happened to the matters I wrote about? Removing the malloced
stuff? Already somebody claimed it is difficult to change the LADSPA
for getting the stuff removed properly.

If we go even further in promoting the LADSPA as it would be 1.0 version,
we end up more problems when we find more problems from it. LADSPA 1.0
simply is not yet good enough to be as 1.0 version, sorry. You fixed it
a way too quickly to 1.0. Specially that is bad because to most of you,
"1.0" means the same as "changes goes to 2.0".

I suggest we wait until LADSPA is in Snd.

Juhana