[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA: snd, hosts, malloc

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA: snd, hosts, malloc
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 02:37:17 EEST

Ooo. That'll be me - but I failed to get snd to compile on my box when I
had a quick try this afternoon. I'm sure it's obvious to others, but I'm
missing a file (Xm/XmAll.h) that I don't recognise. Shouldn't be a big
problem...?

I've been a bit quiet recently (busy with other thing - don't ask), but I'm
now also looking at helping out with LADSPA support for a couple of other
hosts. If your program wishes to host LADSPA but you've not got your head
around it just yet you might like to email me - it's very easy. There are a
couple of other useful LADSPA things probably happening soon.

Incidentally, on the malloc side, I think some people should take a little
more time reading the API: it isn't wrong - it just doesn't tell you how to
make memory management work, so a little imagination has to be used. If the
host is written sensibly to use cleanup() and the plugin writer is
responsible (this is attempted by the CMT library at
http://www.muse.demon.co.uk/cmt) there is no need for memory leakage.

-- Richard