Re: [linux-audio-dev] FYI: disk crash warning

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] FYI: disk crash warning
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 19:40:06 EEST

>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
>This was pure luck. Backup your data. Backup your programs. Backup
>everything. Do it often, and then do it again. Repeat, and rinse.

Good luck indeed. I heard a guy loosing all his audio work (two years
work). No back-up whatsoever.

Earlier I backupped the files I were working with to a floppy once a while,
after every important change or addition. Usually this was only a couple of
files, piece of cake. Real backups I did less frequently.

Now I have two disks and make quick-backups from disk to another.

Juhana