Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 20:10:55 EEST

>- main host runs it's preffered GUI toolkit (gtk,Qt,Motif etc)
>- all plugins are free to use what kind of toolkit they want

This cannot work, for reasons I've either explained or mentioned
already. Every toolkit has its own inner X event loop, and its not
possible (without a huge amount of grief and/or patches to each
toolkit) to have multiple event loops running on the same server
connection. Further, the toolkits typically do not support multiple
connections to the server within a given address space.

So this idea is not going to fly at all.

--p