[linux-audio-dev] more LADSPA GUI

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] more LADSPA GUI
From: Joe Miklojcik (jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 18:22:29 EEST

Why not make each plug-in have a control port that talks something
(perhaps not entirely unlike MIDI), then make a single "control panel"
application that can talk to that port (and others)?

I may be missing something in the wash of LADSPA GUI posts, if so please
forgive me, but I think you're all losing sight of something.
Separation of "control" and "synthesis" is one of the most powerful
concepts in Electronic Music today. You're trying to stick fancy front
panels on the front of all your black boxes. The real sex reaction
comes out of the user when they sit behind a single desk covered with
knobs. The $300 backlit LCD display and array of 10 front panel buttons
is quickly forgotten when you get a Mackie HUI and a decent sized
monitor in front of you.