RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with XML for LADSPA GUI?
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 19:37:48 EEST

> If the xml is a store of data descriptions and data then the actual
> job of doing something with it lies with the parser ... and in theory
> at least, pretty much anything could be done.
> Or am I missing something?
> Cheers
> John

You are correct -- if the xml was sufficiently general
to describe each of these widgets.
Or really every possible widget interaction. Which is impossible :)
For that you need the ability to describe the behavior
in some kind of procedural way, ie a programming language.

Caveat: I haven't seen the widges in question.

- dave