Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 19:37:53 EET

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 12:27:31PM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Frank Neumann wrote:
>
> > http://www.prorec.com has a nice article (dated September 2000) that
> > compares SCSI and IDE for DAW purposes.
>
> A timely tip...Thanks, Frank !

Interesting, but has anyone done an equivalent for linux? I would be
happy to do some benchmarking, but all my SCSI cards are bad, plus I'm
not sure how valuable it is beyond a given CPU/motherboard/ram/kernel
combination.

- Steve

PS I'm having some coding problems with an implementation of a FAD delay
line in LADSPA, does anyone mind if I post it ot the list for the many
eyes factor? AFAIK there isn't a LADSPA list. :(