[linux-audio-dev] Re: Reverse engineering the Sonic Foundry ACID file format]

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Reverse engineering the Sonic Foundry ACID file format]
From: Adam Hunt (adam.r.hunt_AT_usa.net)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 22:17:18 EET

I'm pretty sure that your right about the PCM part. The thing that I'm
most interesed in is preserving acid's tracking/sequencing data. an acid
project contains any number of pcm/wav files along with a bunch of other
data such as loop points, pitch shift info, time strech and a bunch of
other stuff that i cant remember.

I'm interested in writing a program that would take a acid project and
convert it to the necessary format for my friends akai s6000 sampler.
acid is a great program for "prototyping" but it lacks the ability to run
a sampler via midi.

thanks

adam

Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd_AT_zip.com.au> wrote:
Adam Hunt wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had made any sort of attempt to reverse engineer
> ACID's file format. I know that their has been discussion of some sort of
> ACID clone on this list.

Well the files should be plain PCM encoded files. It shouldn't be too
hard to figure it out.

I'm the author of libsndfile

     http:/www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/

and I may be interested (not that I have any time of course :-)) in
added ACID format reading to libsndfile.

Where can I get a file to have a look at? If someone could email me
a URL I'd appreciate it. Please don't just email me a file.

Cheers,
Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
-- Eric S. Raymond

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1