Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 02:41:51 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> 2.4test9 is supposed to have some improvements. the frag size issue is
> another reason why you want (1) a proper multichannel recording card
> with h/w monitoring and/or (2) ingo's patches.

I've been using 2.4.0-test9 with Andrew Morton's low-latency patch. I
haven't profiled anything with objective measurement, other than running
Benno's latencytest software (which reported < 4 msec latencies). I wish
I had a multichannel card for testing, but subjectively speaking, I'm
very pleased with the performance of the apps I've tested (ecasound,
SoundTracker, XMMS, and MusE).

When Ardour is just a wee bit easier to put together I'll test it
against this kernel+patch...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html