Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 08:47:23 EET

Quoting Frank Neumann <franky_AT_viona.de>:

> Hi,
> this is not exactly new news, but maybe some of you haven\'t seen this
> yet -
> http://www.prorec.com has a nice article (dated September 2000) that
> compares SCSI and IDE for DAW purposes. I thought with all the recent
> discussion in here about HD recording, ardour, elevator code stuff and
> similar things, this one might fit in nicely.
> Go to the above mentioned page and look for \"SCSI vs IDE\".
>
> Regards,
> Frank

Since I\'m very much pro IDE....wellllll it is cheaper....
I\'d just like to point to the new batch of motherboards on the market. Things
like the ABIT VP6, dual cpu board. Not only is it dirt cheap, it (and many
others to come, I presume) supports IDE RAID with ATA 100 disks in hardware !!
And with disks like the IBM GXP I can only imagine the disk throughput will be
astronomic.

Regards,
Robert