Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 04:44:36 EET

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000, robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se wrote:
> Quoting Frank Neumann <franky_AT_viona.de>:
>

> > Hi,
> > this is not exactly new news, but maybe some of you haven\'t seen this
> > yet -
> > http://www.prorec.com has a nice article (dated September 2000) that
> > compares SCSI and IDE for DAW purposes. I thought with all the recent
> > discussion in here about HD recording, ardour, elevator code stuff and
> > similar things, this one might fit in nicely.
> > Go to the above mentioned page and look for \"SCSI vs IDE\".
> >
> > Regards,
> > Frank
> >

> Since I\'m very much pro IDE....wellllll it is cheaper....
> I\'d just like to point to the new batch of motherboards on the market. Things
> like the ABIT VP6, dual cpu board. Not only is it dirt cheap, it (and many
> others to come, I presume) supports IDE RAID with ATA 100 disks in hardware !!
> And with disks like the IBM GXP I can only imagine the disk throughput will be
> astronomic.

I have two 45 GB IBM disks (cheaper, faster and/or safer than one 75
GB disk...) - a mainboard like that and another 933 could be fun...
*hehe*

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'