Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 04:30:25 EET

 The
>modular approach will allow users to assemble virtual studios, with individual
>modules plugging into each other in a fully compatible mix-and-match way
>just like current analog technology.  On the development side it may
>eliminate so much reinventing of the wheel.

A digital music environment that is as adaptable as an analog environment.

>It may be that the effort to fit a mixer into ardour >would be more useful if it were applied to the >creation of a communication protocol that allowed >ardour to stay as it is.

Maybe this is what the linux kernel is for or is ALSA the culprit (I am biased towards truely open source).

What happens when the big companies start releasing their own linux drivers.

Patrick.

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net