Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:45:21 EET

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 08:31:33AM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> > > * ring modulator
> >
> > Done it, both two input, one output (untested, cos I don't have host that
> > will run it, but its not exactly complicated) and one input one output
> > with LFOs.
>
> I have some very basic variants too. A few sinewaves and a few of
> these, and there's that weird FM hihat... :-)

An interesting feature of mine is that they are continuously variable
from no modulation->AM->RM. Allows for some cool effects. I might make an
amplitude following variation too (like an RM-ing autowah).

> > > * resonator(s)
> >
> > I don't know what one is, but there are a lot of papers on them about.
>
> I have a 12 db/oct variant built around an algo I found in one of
> these DSP algo sites. It needs replacing the coefficient
> calculations (trig funcs) with faster approximations, and linear
> interpolation of the coefficients, at least if it's goinng to be
> modulated.

From what I've read, aren't resonators just short, tuned delay loops with
variable feedback?

Or is there an easier way to simulate them in software? Just implementing
the delay sounds cheaper to me though.

- Steve