Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 16:06:57 EET

>> > I don't know what one is, but there are a lot of papers on them about.
>>
>> I have a 12 db/oct variant built around an algo I found in one of
>> these DSP algo sites. It needs replacing the coefficient
>> calculations (trig funcs) with faster approximations, and linear
>> interpolation of the coefficients, at least if it's goinng to be
>> modulated.
>
>>From what I've read, aren't resonators just short, tuned delay loops with
>variable feedback?

the kinds of things i was thinking of were the streson opcode from
Csound and the GaverHit module/opcode in Quasimodo. i haven't looked
at their implementation, but the result is that you set the excitable
frequency of the object (and possibly the "width" of the response),
pass a signal through it, and it resonates if there is any energy in
the response range. i don't know if you do this stuff with delays or
not. i guess so, it just a filter system, right ?

--p