Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 16:35:44 EET

>money, I'd buy the Digi001 in a second, because it can do almost
>anything a full-scale ProTools rig can do and you can transfer files
>to PT24 systems too.

Don't be too sure of this. Sneak into your local big chain bookstore
and read the letters column of "Mix" for November 2000. There is a
complaint about precisely this issue of file transfer and how it
doesn't work unless A and B and C, where A, B, C are various h/w and
s/w conditions that need to be met.

                       But it's not what I *really* want. I don't want
>to be stuck with that package three years from now. I want an M-audio
>1010 (costs about the same) and free (as in speech) software where the
>sky's the limit, even if it takes a longer time to get there.

We'll take you there. It may be a slow start, but in the end, you'll
own the trains, the planes, the stations and the airports.

--p