Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: Jussi Laako (jussi_AT_jlaako.pp.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 21:19:03 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> There are many situations with intense disk i/o that would never show
> this behaviour, because their interaction with the buffer cache and
> VM in general is different than the recording+playback behaviour of
> something like ardour. My mini disk benchmarks get the same kind of
> performance that you describe (modulo a slower disk drive).

My benchmark simulated audio recording to disk. Writing 2 GB files (really
stupid Linux limitation), write only, no reading at all.

Now I just need some 64-bit platform to be able to memorymap raw 80 GB disk
devices... :)

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at: ldap://certserver.pgp.com, http://keys.pgp.com:11371