Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize
From: Andrew Clausen (clausen_AT_gnu.org)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 16:47:33 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> does anyone have a solution as to how a LADSPA plugin can avoid
> allocating any internal buffers in run(), when it needs to know the
> maximum value of the argument to run() and/or run_adding() ?
>
> VST has "setBlockSize()", which the host calls to set an upper limit
> on the number of samples that a plugin will be called with.

/me is completely out of depth...

I assume that allocating buffers is bad, because it might mean
a call to brk(2) ?

Well, run_adding() isn't real-time (synchronous), right?

Could you do all malloc()'s in a lower priority (non-fifo)
thread? [in fact: do all of run_adding() in another thread?]

Andrew clausen