Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] gimp is scalable.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] gimp is scalable.
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 18:00:38 EET

>> * run display(1), shrink it by 50% (the gimp can't do it!)
>
> gimp can do this rather easily... The option is "Scale Image".

yep, and it causes my machine to exercise a long-lived problem in the
linux kernel, which is that it runs out of memory and starts killing
processes wildly. display(1) does a rescale of a full-screen
(1280x1024) image in about 3 seconds; the gimp starts, and after 30
seconds, my machine is essentially dead.

--p