Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 17:51:22 EET

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, David Olofson wrote:

> Yep. And we actually have three situations to take into consideration
> 1) plugin taking data from one buffer, mixing into another
> 2) plugin taking data from one buffer, overwriting another
> 3) plugin taking data from a buffer, while overwriting it

This is a good analysis of the current situation. Ecasound only
uses (3) at the moment, while Paul would prefer (1) in Ardour.

Only (2) is required by the current LADSPA API. If (3) is not supported,
plugin must define INPLACE_BROKEN. We could use similar policy to provide
(1). If plugins don't provide (1), they'd have to define RUNADDING_BROKEN
or something. How does this sound?

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .