Re: [linux-audio-dev] surround plugin port ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] surround plugin port ?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 12:28:54 EET

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 12:07:15AM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> i just saw this on freshmeat ... perhaps someone would like to port it
> to LADSPA ? its for XMMS now, so it can't be *too* hard. or maybe
> richards ambisonics stuff is already the right stuff for this.

I don't have any technical knowledge in this area, but my experience of
this type of effect is not positive.

> does xmms have any other cool plugins that we should make available ?

I'll go and look. A LADSPA wrapper for xmms effects might be a
posibility. I seem to remeber there being some visualisation plugins that
might be useful.

> could we ever convince xmms to use LADSPA ?

Probably. I'm in too minds about whether its a good thing or not though.

- Steve