RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: my take on the "virtual studio" (monoli th vs plugins) ... was Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Re: my take on the "virtual studio" (monoli th vs plugins) ... was Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: MOULET Xavier FTRD/DMR/ISS (xavier.moulet_AT_rd.francetelecom.fr)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 16:57:24 EET

buffer_2 = fft(buffer_1)
buffer_3 = outerproduct(buffer1,transpose(buffer1))
buffer4 = filter(buffer1,coefs_numerator,coefs_denominator)
buffer5 = hamming(1024)

etc ...

in fact I tend to agree that python+numpy would be great to cook up
algorithms, since it can do _most_ of what matlab could do. and it is really
simple to program with. And you can tweak and improve your __algorithm__
performance, to, say; have only one third of plain C performance. Then, when
you had enough 'distance' of the details to tweak algorithms (data
structures seem obvious here), go for C.

Just to say I really support being able to have bindings for python. Well,
GTK have python bindings, as have KDE. So you could do python bindings with
a C-'objectized' api or a C++ api, anyway.