Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:02:18 EET

> FYI: tonight, I stole the (simple) code from Quasimodo that provides both
> "themed" graphics for LADSPA control port GUI's and full MIDI control
> over control values.
>
> As a footnote (hah!), I observe that this means that at least in
> theory, Ardour's LADSPA plugins (including, for example, track gains)
> can now be controlled by a MIDI sequencer, providing full automation
> and all that.

Wow, cool. Hopefully, it will someday be possible to hook up a MIDI
knob box work as mixing console faders, so that one can adjust mix
levels (and effects parameters, and other things) while listening, then
later edit the MIDI data graphically and play it all back. This could
either be handled directly by Ardour, or a sequencer/mixer that is
hooked up to control Ardour.

- Jay Ts