[linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 05:33:35 EET

FYI: tonight, I stole the (simple) code from Quasimodo that provides both
"themed" graphics for LADSPA control port GUI's and full MIDI control
over control values. As in Quasimodo, Ctrl-Button2 puts any plugin
control element into "learn" mode, and the next MIDI (relevant)
message received will bind to that control element.

As a footnote (hah!), I observe that this means that at least in
theory, Ardour's LADSPA plugins (including, for example, track gains)
can now be controlled by a MIDI sequencer, providing full automation
and all that.

In practice, its a little trickier than that, because we don't have
anything saving the plugin chain states or their bindings to MIDI
control messages. Patience, patience, :)

--p