Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 16:32:44 EET

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:33:35PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> FYI: tonight, I stole the (simple) code from Quasimodo that provides both
> "themed" graphics for LADSPA control port GUI's and full MIDI control
> over control values. As in Quasimodo, Ctrl-Button2 puts any plugin
> control element into "learn" mode, and the next MIDI (relevant)
> message received will bind to that control element.

This is great, is there any facility to customise the display per plugin?
I'm currenty working on one complicated enough that the usual "dialog of
all the parameters in the order thier declared" isn't going to be very
usable.

If I understand correctly, doesn't Quasimodo make its elements from an
XML description? Or did you not reuse that bit?

- Steve

PS Is there any way to get Ardour running without ALSA?