Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on LADSPA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more on LADSPA
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 03:58:14 EET

>in fact, this (sample rate mismatch) seems to be one of the central
>problems at Rittenhouse Recording these days, even to the point where
>the owner is thinking of moving to 44.1kHz for all recording, just to
>be able to cut the crap out of CD mastering! i'm trying hard to
>convince him not to do that ...

I record at 44.1kHz for all recordings destined to become CD's, and so
do all of my friends. I wouldn't trust my recordings to a sample rate
converter. Artifacts are probably unavoidable. In fact when I upgrade
to gear with a higher sampling rate, I will record at 88.2 as long as CD
is the dominant distribution format. I will always record at an integer
multiple of the final sampling rate.

Tom