Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: new preemptive kernel-patch from Montavista available

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: new preemptive kernel-patch from Montavista available
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 14:37:27 EET

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Cort Dougan wrote:
> I ended up just moving the code to a "less elegant" API - gnuplot. I can
> get more detailed info out of a graph that way. We're usually interested
> in determinism as well as worst case delay. The latency graph code is
> really nice, but doesn't allow me to clearly display the entire spread of
> the timings and how they relate to their deadlines (histogram style).

Yes it was only meant to get a quick view of what's going on with your
latencies. (N latency diagrams, with some addidional range and deadline stats).

Anyway I'm not that familiar with gnuplot (I know only it's basic stuff)
Does anyone think that we could create "latency-graph"-style diagrams
using gnuplot ?

I thought about separating the plotting part from the data-acquisition
 part, so that one in not force to use my hackish plotting routines.

Plus by doing this separation, one can easily port the acquisition code
to RTOSes (since it makes no use of libs/syscalls (except allocation stuff)).

cheers,
Benno.