Re: [linux-audio-dev] again: debian tasks for audio needs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] again: debian tasks for audio needs
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 09:55:44 EEST

In Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:40:43 +0200, de profundis Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de> cum veritate scripsit

nettings> i'm just having another go at the LAD pages, and i wanted to
nettings> summarize the state of the distro discussion. while i have a nice
nettings> url for the m-station project, i cannot think of a place where
nettings> potential debian-audio contributors should be directed.

Hmmm.. Yes. I am in the process of becoming a debian maintainer
(hopefully), and when I get around to becoming one, I am wishing to
package some music software for Debian. I want more information around
packages.

So far I haven't had much luck in packaging music software. I made
.deb out of Gseq, but it's gone quiet. I tried MusE, but can't compile
it against Qt 2.2 very easily ... etc.

nettings> i thought i heard talk of a debian multimedia list, but i can't find
nettings> the message any more.
nettings> can someone post me the list address, if it exists at all ?
nettings> is anyone willing to organize the debian audio effort ?

It's been filed as a "bug" by Guenter Geiger. It can be found at
http://bugs.debian.org/lists.debian.org

in bug number #724927
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=72497

AFAIK it's not been created yet.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113_AT_mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp
dancer, a.k.a. Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer