[linux-audio-dev] cdparanoia and restoration

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] cdparanoia and restoration
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 18:41:16 EEST

[ Who is maintainer of this list? Could the "linux-audio-dev" turned
  to "LAD"? ]

>From: Conrad Parker <conradp_AT_cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
>
>development version is based on the Paranoia IV library, which sounds
>like it may do all the kinds of things you want. However it is
[ ... ]
>http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/index.html

I could not find the code for IV, and it is not in CVS. It should be made
available if the development has frozen at the moment.

My plan is to make the cdparanoia to output list of regions where read
errors of various levels happened --- actually multiple different takes
of the erroneous places would be stored to edit decision list. Then user
may then use a wave editor to either check them manually or use some
restoration algorithm. The problem now is that cdparanoia is doing the
restoration and don't leave room for other, perhaps better, restoration
methods.

Are authors of software meant for vinyl/tape recordings restoration
here? If you're interested in to write a restoration library (scratch,
click and noise removal, etc.) please mail me privately. Thanks.

Regards,

Juhana