[linux-audio-dev] Is there a doctor in the house?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Is there a doctor in the house?
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau_AT_firstlinux.net)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 04:43:51 EEST

Tena Kotau,

I'm very close to buying a new setup and am seeking suggestions on the best hardware.

I will be spending between us$3-5000 and my interests are in real time recording and production.

If anyone has ideas on the best hardware to buy for this machine then it will be greatly appreciated.

Esp:

- motherboard
- cpu
- digital soundcard/s (multitrack if poss or at least pro quality)

Nb. I intend to run this machine with linux only using the new m-station distribution. It will also be available for testing linux sound apps so it will add to the range of available hardware you can use too.

Kia ora.

Patrick.

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net