Re: [linux-audio-dev] xsynth author?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] xsynth author?
From: Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 13:16:51 EEST

Hi,
Robert Jonsson wrote:

> I tried to compile it sometime ago, I think the fix was to add
>
> #define PI 3.14159267
>
> at a few places in the .h files.

The correct thing to do would IMHO be to replace all occurrences of PI with
M_PI (in oscillator.c, synth.c and user_interface.c). That change has been
made to libc's math.h ages ago.

> As I recall the compilation worked just fine after that.

So did it for me -

> BUT there still is a problem somewhere, or perhaps it's my soundcard drivers
> that are not fully working, but I think I tried on several.
> I haven't heard a beep from xsynth although it both receives midi data and
> appears to send out audiodata. Haven't investigated any further.

Neither have I :-( though I will have to try again on a non-ALSA system;
I believe there might still be problems with old apps under ALSA.

Regards,
Frank (hoping this mail doesn't produce another 10 duplicates)