Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ ardour news ] ardour now using an EDL

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ ardour news ] ardour now using an EDL
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 04:31:16 EEST

Almost makes me wish I could code. I do have about 1000 hours of direct
experience using edl based software, so I probably have some useful
insights, but I don't know how to target them.

Is this based on any "standards" such as aes31-3 or open tl? Open tl is
the edl format used by tascam in their new 2424 recorder. The spec is
available in pdf form at www.opentl.com. There is some nda stuff that
seems to be aimed at use of the open tl name. The spec itself is
downloadable without restriction.

Tom