Re: [linux-audio-dev] Report from the ICMC

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Report from the ICMC
From: Frank Neumann (franky_AT_viona.de)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 12:14:28 EEST

Hi,
Dominique Fober wrote:

> I was also to the Berlin ICMC and unfortunately, I didn't know that linux-audio-dev members was also present, missing an opportunity to meet you.

While speaking of chances to meet each other: The Linux congress in Erlangen,
Germany, is coming closer (September 20th-22nd, 2000), and I'm going there.
If some of you do so too, maybe there's a chance to organize a meeting there?
See http://www.linux-congress.de

So far each year during the congress people had the opportunity to hold a
"BOFS" (Bird of a feather session - a coming-together of folks with similar
interests). The congress organizers will try to get you a room where such
a BOFS can be held. I guess even without a particular "program" of what to
do during such a session, it could be interesting to share ideas, progress etc.
(Actually, at the congress '97 and '98 I was sort-of responsible for helping
people when they wanted to hold a BOFS, so I know what I'm talking about :-)

By the way, one of the (IMHO) more interesting "official" talks during the
congress will be by Takashi Iwai, now at Suse, about ALSA. I'll definitely
be there.

Regards,
Frank