[linux-audio-dev] Re: 2.4.0-test low-latency mini-HOWTO

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 2.4.0-test low-latency mini-HOWTO
From: Andrew Morton (andrewm_AT_uow.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 11:52:26 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> To anyone who hasn't yet got around to testing linux 2.4 with Andrew
> Morton's low-latency patch:
>
> I had a bit of a rough time moving my linux-2.2 system to 2.4 and
> getting it all to work. But I finally succeeded. First test: I was
> able to run the "unofficial" version of csound with 16-byte buffers
> and no dropouts, not even when switching consoles!
>
> For anyone interested, I've documented the process in detail at:
>
> http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/2.4-install-notes.html
>
> I'm currently downloading Benno's latencytest and will announce when
> I get test results.

Thanks, Paul.

I've refreshed the patch for 2.4.0-test8 and put that up at
http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/schedlat.html#downloads

Some of the recent changes to ext2 truncation have broken this patch, so
there will probably again be scheduling stalls with deleting large
files. I'll take a look at what they've done and mend it later this
week.