Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 2.4.0-test low-latency mini-HOWTO

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: 2.4.0-test low-latency mini-HOWTO
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 16:48:40 EEST

>I've refreshed the patch for 2.4.0-test8 and put that up at
>http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/schedlat.html#downloads
>
>Some of the recent changes to ext2 truncation have broken this patch, so
>there will probably again be scheduling stalls with deleting large
>files. I'll take a look at what they've done and mend it later this
>week.

quick latency patch report: with a "real" load (running a multitrack
hard disk recorder system), 2.4.0-test7(SMP,all SCSI) + your patch
does not prevent audio dropouts. I still get system stalls on the
order of 30msec from time to time. I am running the recorder more
these days, and will try to figure out more about this as it happens.

--p