Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: well why,... ->>> Music Composition Environment(s)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: well why,... ->>> Music Composition Environment(s)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:05:30 EEST

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Allan Klinbail wrote:

> integrate them into a composition. I may be dreaming here of course.
> MIDI controllable LADSPA (i.e. VST2) would be fantastic. Controlling
> something like reverb depth with a controller can make for more detailed
> recordings and more precise experimentation with these tools.

This is already possible (and has been for a while) with ecasound. You can
use it as a MIDI-controllable fx unit. The MIDI-controls are limited, ie.
you can only control the parameters, not change patches or otherwise
control ecasound, but it's tested and works. Both with ecasound's internal
effects as with LADSPA plugins.

VST-support is also working, but I can't publish it because of unresolved
licensing issues (I don't know whether I can distribute VST header files).
And of course, there aren't that many Linux VST-plugins available. ;)

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .