Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fragment size question.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Fragment size question.
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 00:51:02 EEST

Ah, so you are in fact emulating AFMT_U8, right ?

In that case I would report back 8bits and a fragsize of 256
and the number of frags (-1 to comply with the OSS/Free bug),
the user requested.

But I don't think AFMT_U8 is THAT important to get emulated,
since most apps (which one does not ?) support the 16bit mode.
(the OSS specs does not seem to require the support of certain
audio bit sizes)

Is that still the famous Mac HW audio driver ?
(just for curiousity: is it usable for decent audio (at least comparable to
a good 16bit PC audio card ?)

PS: I'm just printing out intel's FPU manuals ... guess why ? :-))

cheers,
Benno.