[linux-audio-dev] Fragment size question.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Fragment size question.
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 19:31:51 EEST

(OSS kernel driver Q)

I'm working on a driver which, internally, only deals with 16bit stereo
data.

So when you set AFMT_U8 (for example) and request a frag size of 256 the
driver figures that (internally) it needs 256 * 2 * 2 bytes to work in - and
reports this as the frag size for GETCAPS.

We are not dealing with mmap IO, the buffers are all OK (pre-allocated at
init) and there is no actual crash involved. The question is:

Should I fix it to report 256 back - or is it the expected behaviour to
report back the frag size used internally?

TIA,
Iain.