Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]
From: Will Lowe (harpo_AT_thebackrow.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 18:31:54 EEST

> I will second the Debian motion.. I am a long term Debian user and an
> audio-workstation-task would have been perfect for a test box I am
> setting up.

I am a Debian developer; I'd be interested in perhaps creating a
task-audio-workstation that could fill this need. Here are a pair of
questions:

what software that is available for Debian would be included?
(You can check the list of currently-available sound applications at
http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/sound/).

what software that's out there but not already available in .deb format
(and meets the Debian licensing requirements) would need to be packaged
for Debian?

                                                        Will