Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distributionrevisited]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distributionrevisited]
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:02:27 EEST

Will Lowe wrote:

> what software that's out there but not already available in .deb format
> (and meets the Debian licensing requirements) would need to be packaged
> for Debian?

Yikes, licensing requirements... ;)

Will, could you present us with a simple clarification of Debian's
requirements ? It might be most helpful to simply state what Debian will
*not* allow. Am I correct to assume up front that projects such as the
UltraMaster synths (commercial) and RTSynth (closed-source) won't be
permitted ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html