Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 22:13:51 EEST

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, David Slomin wrote:
> John Littler wrote:
> >
> > sure ... a central Linux Audio search of all participating
> > sites would be pretty cool too. Will HTDig do that? I know
> > webglimpse will. I don't have the facilities to run such
> > a thing unfortunately.
>
> Well, I do work for AltaVista. :-)

good to have you on our side :-)

> While the low-budget volunteers of LAD are highly unlikely
> to want to purchase AltaVista's intranet product (which I
> personally work on -- it's very good, but somewhat expensive),
> I'd be glad to rig up a LAD frontend to the public AltaVista
> site. How many LAD-related sites would you want to index?

Sorry for my crappy english, but I do not understand what you mean
with a LAD frontend ?
Is this for example a special search entry which shows up when you enter
certain keywords ? Thanks for enlighting me.
Anyway searching "linux audio" in google returns almost all LAD related
sites on the first page, and for some strange reason my crappy lowlatency
page as first entry. :-)
(but I've put a link to the LAD site so that people is directed to the right
place)

BTW: analyzing the logs, I found quite some search keywords contain
"cubase linux" , "vst linux" , "nuendo linux",
so it seems that we are not the only ones which want the linux audio market
to succeed. :-)

Benno.