Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 10:34:23 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> >
> > Just wanted to say a big thank you for Jörn and Paul for the work they
> > have done with LAD home pages at http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ !
> <blush>

Ah, validation. That's always nice!
But I must say that Joern has put a lot more work into it
than I have recently.

> > It might be a good idea to connect the various audio sites more closely to
> > each other. LAD home page, Dave's pages, l-m-station, www.ladspa.org,
> > ALSA, etc ... so when you find one of them, you should find them all. Just
> > like with Slashdot, Freshmeat and other OSDN sites.

Sounds like a very good idea.

> a nice linux audio webring comes to mind. (graphics anyone ?)
> (did i see such a thing on dave's site ?)
> the pages need a little rework anyway (getting a little too long to
> be easily viewed) and maarten has come up with some nice lad logos
> and buttons, so we could handle it all in one effort.

I like it. Good idea.

> i'm involved in a theater project for the next 2 1/2 weeks, so i
> will probably not do it before end of september.

I'm hitting crunch-time in my business so I probably will be
useless until November (although I'll probably still show up
to shoot my mouth off whenever I feel like
procrastinating!). I'm already *way* behind on a lot of
projects including the long-promised total overhaul of the
audio-quality HOWTO.

And so the buck is passed again...

> btw: in presenting projects spawned from LAD discussions, i'm always
> tempted to mention them in a "our community effort" kind of way,
> especially with LADSPA and the new EVO project.
> the reason is that i feel it might pull more people to LAD and to
> these projects, and that it might give more "authority" (in a
> positive way) to the proposed LADSPA standard.
> however, if someone feels this is taking credit away from
> individuals, let me know.

I tend to think it's OK to approach it your way...

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.