Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAD home page
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 19:07:45 EEST

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

>> It might be a good idea to connect the various audio sites more closely to
>> each other. LAD home page, Dave's pages, l-m-station, www.ladspa.org,
> a nice linux audio webring comes to mind. (graphics anyone ?)

Hmm, I think OSDN-like grouping would be better than a normal webring. So
there would only be direct links to the big sites, not to any invidual app
home pages. This is mainly to emphasize the openness of the community. If
we advertise applications made by active LAD members, new people working
on similar type of sw might find this unfair.

I guess the most popular "entry points" to Linux audio today are kernel
sound drivers, ALSA, OSS, possibly desktop specific audio apps (GNOME,
KDE), etc ... all these give a slightly limited/partial view of Linux
audio. It would be good if people found their way to Dave's pages,
l-m-station, LAD, and other "neutral" sites as quickly as possible.

To continue with my OSDN example, you know that by following Slashdot,
Freshmeat and few Linux*.com/org sites you won't miss anything essential.
You don't get all the information, but it's very unlikely that some big
news goes unnoticed.

In the same way, I'd like the central Linux audio sites to have this kind
of coverage. By following these few sites, you wouldn't miss anything
important that is happening in the community. And to achieve this,
co-operation is definitely needed. Not necessarily that much work. This is
just one of those things that has to be said aloud, and kept fresh in
memory.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .