Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO 0.0.5 released , resampling (interpolation) support added

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO 0.0.5 released , resampling (interpolation) support added
From: Miller Puckette (mpuckett_AT_man104-1.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:02:14 EEST

Hi all,

You can do the trick in double precision and get at least 40 bits of
real precision. I usually use the bottom 32 bits for the fractional
part and some of the top 20 bits for the integer part; this would have
to be adjusted for huge "wavetables" though.

The curious can download Pd from http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html
and look in src/d_osc.c; or e-mail me and I'll send it to you privately...

cheers
Miller