Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 22:03:29 EEST

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:43:36 -0400, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

>why do you need to do that ? doesn't GS read from an existing h/w MIDI
>port ? why not just connect GS via MIDI to another computer ? what is
>the problem here ?

I don't know all the detailed in's and out's of GS. But I was under the impressions that you
can't make GS load a instrument or change settings via midi.

For example, Mike wants 3 dedicated computers running GS and one master machine that does
editing and so forth. When he loads "Mikes Thumping Groove" or whatever on the master he
would like the 3 GS machines to have all the cool instruments and effects auto loaded.

I sent tech e-mail to Nemisis asking this question but they never responded.

If you or anyone else knows of a method to do this then talk to me off-list. Mike would be
most pleased to hear it can since he dosen't know how to do it. I don't have GS so I
definitely don't know.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777