[linux-audio-dev] soundfonts and csound

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] soundfonts and csound
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 05:40:38 EEST

You wrote in an email a little while back on linux-audio-dev:

Anyway, the Maldonado code is a working SoundFont playback engine for
Csound. It would be very interesting to see it incorporated into Smurf.

-----------------

I brought up the topic of SoundFont patch loading via ALSA, on
alsa-devel, and it sounds like me and Takashi Iwai are going to be
working on this. I think this is probably the best way to impliment
patch loading into csound, and it will be where I will be concentrating
my efforts. I will mainly be working on getting the ALSA patch API
implimented and adding this support to the Smurf Sound Font Editor. If I
do any work on adding support to a software wavetable program for the
ALSA SoundFont API, it will probably be Timidity++. The reasons being
that it already has ALSA sequencer support and I like the code better
than csound (automake/autoconf etc). Once this is done, then I'll see
where I'm at with helping add this support to csound. Talk to you
later..
        Josh Green