Re: [linux-audio-dev] soundfonts and csound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] soundfonts and csound
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 03:51:00 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:

> This is good news...
>
> > If I
> > do any work on adding support to a software wavetable program for the
> > ALSA SoundFont API, it will probably be Timidity++. The reasons being
> > that it already has ALSA sequencer support and I like the code better
> > than csound (automake/autoconf etc). Once this is done, then I'll see
> > where I'm at with helping add this support to csound. Talk to you
> > later..
>
> Just so you know, unofficial Linux Csound is set up with autoconf. The CVS
> versions require it. The tarballs distributed by Maurizio Puxeddu include
> the generated configure script.
>
> I use the CVS code...

I guess I probably haven't gotten the Linux Csound CVS code yet. It looks
like there is a bit of work that needs to be done with ALSA and the Smurf
Sound Font Editor before we start thinking about soft synths. But when that
time comes I'll take a look at the csound sound font implimentation again.
Lates..
    Josh Green