Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 22:27:51 EEST

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:

> How do you manage audio<-->GUI and audio<-->diskthread
> communicaion ?

I'll bump in here. :) Currently I do this using a pthread-locked fifo,
which is used for all communication with the engine process. Ok, I know
this has been discussed already, but how much trouble should I expect
(portability wise), if I replace the current fifo with an non-locking fifo
using asm/atomic.h? In other words, is it worth the trouble to keep both,
and write autoconf macros that check for asm/atomic.h...? And the natural
next question, has someone already done this? :)

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .