Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] discussion about development overlap
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 22:30:16 EEST

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, David Benson wrote:

> GDAM is intended to be a general purpose audioserver (ie. to merely
> mix and revolumize mp3s no float/fixed conversion is done)
> while scaling (with plugins) to as much complexity as we can implement :)

Ok, I'll go back to my old example: using ecasound as an fx box for
soundtracker. Is this kind of functionality already possible with GDAM?

> It depends upon GTK+ as a backbone for the plugins.

Hmm, does this affect only the plugins, or all apps that want to access
the soundserver functionality?

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .